Your bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, cartilage and other soft tissues are all part of your musculoskeletal system.
Skyland therapists can help you recover from orthopedic injury or surgery and may also diagnose the causes of orthopedic problems and help you avoid the need for surgery.
While MRIs or other tests show a picture of a body part, Skyland Physical Therapists assess the whole musculoskeletal system to identify and resolve the particular problem, and help all patients learn how to function effectively in their home, community or work environments after surgery or instead of surgery.
Skyland Therapists work to resolve or manage orthopedic injuries or conditions such as:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Injury
- Hand, Elbow, or Wrist injuries/Pain
- Knee Pain
- Hip Pain
- Ankle/Foot Problems including Plantar Fasciitis or Sprain
- Tendon or Muscle Strain/Tear
- Pain with Pregnancy or Postpartum
- Post Surgical or other conditions causing Pain, Weakness, or Decreased ROM/Mobility
- Post Fracture Weakness or Pain
- Disc Injury Pain, Numbness, or Weakness; Sciatica
- Postural Problems with Osteoporosis
- Chronic Pain from Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid or other types of Arthritis